Yesterday I traveled up to Northern Holland into Amsterdam. I have always wanted to go there to see the house of Anne Frank. It was such a neat experience to see where they were in hiding for 2 years. It is unbelievable what those Jews went through. So very sad. If you ever go up there I highly recommend you visit this house. ~
The Secret Annex - The hidden entry behind the bookcase

The sad part was absolutely no picture taking allowed. I think the reason is that so you don't disturb other people's thoughts, and also so you can try to feel what they must have went through. Very touching.
~
The main entrance into the house
You can see the building from across the river, the large 3 black doors that line the bottom and the 9 evenly sized windows.
Amsterdam was lined with buildings, trees, canals, and boats.
I love all the buildings here.
A courtyard, or backyard for the people who live in the apartments
Some of the larger boats in the river were actually homes to some of the people who lived there.
EVERYONE in this town rode bikes
The Train Station
I have never seen so many bikes in my whole life! There weren't very many cars in this town full of people. Just bikes going up and down all the streets. The bikes all looked old fashioned. You never saw a mountain bike, they were more like old fashioned beach cruisers. ~
This is bikes only, and that wasn't all of them













4 comments:
Oh, Sara! I am so jealous! I had no idea you were going to Europe - I've been reading all about it this morning and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures! I've been to the places in France (I had the same thoughts/experience at le Louvre too - the Mona Lisa is way small, huh?), but all the other places look wonderful! I hope you're having fun! You look so cute in all the pictures! You've taken all the great pictures I wish I would have taken when I was there - back in the day of 35mm! Have a safe trip home! How lucky you are!
Did you go by yourself to the Anne Frank house? I can't wait to talk to you! You did a great jog describing things and you have wonderful pictures, but I am like a 5 year old with all my questions for you. Next time you go you will be my tour guide, so you had better be taking good notes!
wow!you must have been Excited to see the house that anne frank hid in i Love you so much love Devyn
Oh, so jealous!! I have always, always, always wanted to go to the Anne Frank House!!!! I am so glad it was so wonderful! I am like Britney, too many questions!!!
Post a Comment