Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Louve

Well we went to the Louve to see all the art, but that would take way to long to go through the whole building, but I bet we saw most of it. It kinda gets old after half a day. I know that is sad, I shouldn't admit it. But why are all these things in here? There is some really cool stuff, my favorite is the really old stuff they find that is still a mystery. Who knows what it is. Or the stuff that they find with dead people. I love that kinda stuff, more than the paintings.
~
Sad thing was no flash allowed = Low quality pictures
~
But the thing that I wanted to see most was the Mona Lisa
( I was a little dissappointed with how small it was, and how many people there were to see it. You couldn't get a good look at it. I think I would have like it more if there were less people and I could get up close to it and look at it.


Then there was the Venus De Milo, I guess this was the thing to see along with the Mona Lisa, but I didn't know that before I went, I had never heard of it before. I guess it was found on the island of Melos in the Cyclades. They don't know who made it but they think it is a statue of the 'Goddes of Love' Known to the Romans as Venus. Kinda cool huh?
(old mystery stuff that I like, and never heard of it before)
(By the way, there were naked statues EVERYWHERE. Topless, bottomless why? Was it a way to tell if it was a boy or a girl statue? I'm not quite sure I understand all the nakedness)
~
This was a very interesting painting. I thought Joe might like it.
Can you see us in this picture?

Was this a real live human skull? Kinda creapy, but again, I like it.
Looks kinda like E.T.
A real live moai? statue

I liked the Egyptian part the best



Inside the Louve
Dan inside the triangle at the Louve.
I can't find my outside pictures of the Louve, I know I took them

No comments: