Well Dan had a 2 week work trip to Belgium and I wanted to tag along so I did. We were able to also spend a couple nights in Paris together (non-work related). It was a great trip. The families of the men he was working with took me around to different places in Belgium and I also got to go to Holland and see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, which was a dream of mine. Hope you enjoy my pictures that are all backwards since I posted mostly from my Hotel room in Belgium as it all happend.
~
The day we got home was on August 15th, Dan's Birthday. Since Europe is 8 hours ahead of the U.S. His birthday was 32 hours long. And the other cool thing about that was it was his 32nd birthday. The kids had a little suprise party for him the night we got home. Thanks to Grandma Olson for helping them throw a little party for their daddy. It was so sweet.

There was even a cheesecake
What sweet little kids, I missed them so much.
I was glad to get home and love them.
The last days of my trip~
Peter Paul Rubens House
Well I didn't know this when I went to Europe but there is a guy named Rubens who was a flemish painter. He was very well known for his art and even has his own room dedicated to him in the Louve in Paris, France. Well our hotel was so close to his house so I thought I better check it out while I was there. The last couple of days in Belgium I hit a few museums by myself that we hadn't had a chance to go to yet. ~ This was his self portrait
Here is his house/studio that he moved into in the year 1610. I believe he raised 5 kids in this house with his second wife being much younger than him. But it was neat to see this old home and see where he got his inspirations for his paintings. In 2002 one of his paintings sold for 76.2 million dollars. I'm sure a lot of people know about him, I'm just slow when it comes to history.


Here is his house/studio that he moved into in the year 1610. I believe he raised 5 kids in this house with his second wife being much younger than him. But it was neat to see this old home and see where he got his inspirations for his paintings. In 2002 one of his paintings sold for 76.2 million dollars. I'm sure a lot of people know about him, I'm just slow when it comes to history.















1 comment:
Looks like you had a good time! I am still very jealous!
Post a Comment