Okay, so Dan went looking for Deer & Elk again. But he didn't see any. Last time he brought home a horny toad, but this time he brought home somthing different. I had just got all the kids tucked in bed when he brought home a new animal and was so excited to show the kids. I about couldn't sleep knowing it was in my house.


Yes, a great big tarantula! I hate spiders! Go ahead and bring home lizards, snakes, and rats, but I wasn't sure about this.

After seeing it wasn't so fast moving, I could deal with it. We kept the poor thing for several days, but just added it to Jacob's bug collection. After seeing the fangs on that thing, Dan said he wouldn't have let it touch him if he had only known.
It was a fun game to see who could let it crawl on them the longest.
The kids had a blast playing with it. Everyday they wanted to get it out and play, but I never let them of course, they had to wait until dad got home.











8 comments:
Yikes! I've seen them sold in pet shops though
I couldn't do it. Even though I know it couldn't hurt me...I get too creaped out!
Oh my goodness! It's huge! I'm with you. I am totally scared of spiders. They give me the creeps. Kids seem to have no fears though!
Yuck!!!!! By the way, Ethan has the cutest smile in the world! His smile would cheer me up on a rainy day.
Oh yuck! I would've freaked out. So what did you do with it?
I would take spiders over rats or mice any day.
Sara I'm with you! I can deal with almost any little creature except for spiders. They totally freak me out. Sam however thought it was the coolest thing ever.
What did we do with the spider? Well we put a cottonball full of nail polish remover in an ice cream bucket with a lid. So now he is going to be part of Jacobs bug collection. He has a small collection of bugs, but now a tarantula added to it. He LOVES bugs and animals!
Post a Comment