Saturday, April 10, 2010

A day at Grandpa Myrons

Saturday we spent the day helping Grandpa Myron pick up all his branches and burning them.
Devyn holding cousin MacKenzie
Here is Grandpa Myron, isn't he cute. 
I told him to go sit down and take a rest, but he just sat right where he was.
He probably would have loved the help a week or two earlier.  We had been working on getting our basement to a certain part.  If we had gone over earlier maybe the field wouldn't be burned down.  He is 90 years old and still does just about everything!
But look what they almost threw in the fire!  Grandpa's old screen door.  I had Jacob pull it out for me.  It will be a beauty in my house.  Just wait and see, can you believe they almost burned that?  They called it junk.
Once we got the fire lit, we got out the wienies, and had a little roast for lunch.
Of course the boys had a blast with the fire.  And that thing was HOT!  So it was good that no one wanted to get too close.  Until most of it had burned down.
The big reward for doing all the work was the kids got to steer the tractor.
I think the kids had a good time after all. 
Hopefully they will remember these times with Grandpa Myron.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great help you all are for Grandpa; it's a blessing to have him in our lives and a blessing he has such thoughtful family there who helps him out. Thank You!

Sarah said...

I remember those tractor rides!

I am excited to see what you do with that screen door- you are so creative!!

Strong said...

Tractor rides are the best. Can't wait to see what you do with that great door.

Michelle Olson said...

Way to capture the moments!