Tuesday, September 07, 2010

My thoughtful boy

Last night for Family Home Evening the kids wanted to have a campfire and roast marshmallows for the treat.  After it was all over we made them go shower before they got into their clean beds.  I told them all to take a quick shower since we all needed to get in and we wanted to make sure there was hot water for everyone.  Devyn went in first (she always wants a nice long hot shower) then Ethan went into my bathroom to shower.  I went into check on Ethan and he had decided to take a bath instead.  Well my bathtub empties the whole tank alone and he had the tub about full!  Well Jacob got in the shower after Devyn and noticed that the hot water was about out hurried and turned the water off and shampood his hair and washed his body.  Then turned on straight COLD water to rinse himself off so that there would be some hotwater left for mom.  He ran to his room and put on two pair of pajamas one on top of the other because he was SO cold.  I felt so bad he did that for me. 
~
Then this morning I made a smaller batch of German Pancakes for the kids.  I wanted to eat dinner leftovers for breakfast because I am wierd like that.  Each of the kids got 4 pancakes except Jacob - he ate 3.  I was going to give the last one to Ethan because he wanted more but Jacob wouldn't let me - he wanted me to eat it.  I told him I was fine but he insisted that I eat the last pancake. 
~
This may sound silly to you all but I love to see my kiddos being so thoughtful and looking out for me,  Especially Jacob.   He is always the one thinking of others.  Whenever Dan is out of town and we make a treat, he wants to save some for Dad, even if it will be moldy by the time he gets home.

2 comments:

The Bensons said...

Oh, I love him.

The Hamblin's said...

That is the cutest story!! He is thoughtful beyond his years, what a sweetheart!!