Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day

           Memorial Day is always a busy day for us so we decided to visit the cemeteries on Sunday. 
Here is my Grandmothers grave the kids Great Grandma Jane
Dan's Grandpa Howard
 
And his Grandma Ethel
 
Early Monday morning we headed to Salem Pond for a big breakfast
The kids had a hard time staying out of the water and Ethan even missed his breakfast.  I always sent sticks (boats) down this thing when I was young.  I remember playing in it alot every memorial day also.  But I never got as wet as my boys did. 
 
Jacob was much better at staying out of the water than Ethan was.
 
Devyn with cousin Kallysta
 
After our breakfast we ran to the cemetary to the Vetrans Memorial
 
 
Dan's Grandpa Myron spoke.
He is the oldest Vetran here in town.
He is 90 years old.
 
 
The kids with Grandpa Myron
 
And here he is again holding baby Caleb
aren't these boys cute?
 

3 comments:

Kirstin said...

How fun to have a Memorial Day Tradition!!! Looks so fun and nice to be around family ;) That baby Caleb is too cute!

Amanda Nemelka said...

Hi Sara,

I'm glad you commented on my blog. I didn't even know if you still looked at it...at least occasionally...as I do with yours as well! Congrats on Caleb. He is so cute. I just love newborns. Makes me want another one...hope all is going well. I'm sure your hands are pretty full this summer. Take care.

Julie said...

Wow! I can't believe you are out & about. You are a good Mom! Hope you are hanging in there with 4 kids :).