Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jacob's new glasses!

About 8 months ago I found out Jacob wasn't seeing well when he went in for his Kindergarten exam.  We went to the eye doctor after and found he was far sighted and had an astigmatism in one eye.  He wasn't bad so we let it go a while. 
Then the division of blind services came and checked the kids eyes at school and mailed me a letter saying he couldn't see as well and to get him checked.  So we went back to the doctor again.  We have observed Jacob and kept our eye on him to decide if we should get him glasses.  I know it sounds wierd, why not get him glasses if he can't see great right? But he is so young, only in kindergarten and he had great strength in his eyes, no lazy eyes, good muscles and his sight wasn't that bad.  But if he were playing a game on the computer or reading a book he couldn't see well, and it was obvious because it was right in his face.  Well now . . . .he just wears the glasses and can see great!  I just didn't want to put him in them so young, but he doesn't have to wear them all the time.  He wears them for certain things at school and sometimes at home.  I guess I'm glad he doesn't have to have them on 24/7 but he thinks they are awesome! 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You look awesome Jacob! Only really cool people get to wear glasses! (like me and you!)

Julie said...

I think they look awesome too! They are way cute on him.

Strong said...

I love them. You look very handsome.