Monday, July 06, 2009

Activity Days

So I got a new calling in my ward. I am now in Activity Days. It is good because Devyn is almost 8 so I get to work with her. She was always jealous she couldn't go to Young Womens so this is good that I get to work with her now. We took the girls to Camp Jeremiah Johnson and I got to bring Devyn along there were a few girls who couldn't come that we had paid for so it was great. She had a blast trying all these new things.
~
The group of girls

Making Jewelry
Archery
Devyn and her friend Thobeka
Shooting BBGuns
(This was scary, give a bunch of little girls BB guns! Ya, they learned some safety rules but still they are little and most of them have never shot a gun before)
Panning for Gold

Some fun stick game.
And a game kinda like the dunking machine but a little different
I was glad Devyn wasn't directly under the water
The closing ceremony
I think all the girls had a blast learning a lot of new stuff

8 comments:

JLR said...

How fun! Where is camp Jerimiah Johnson? Did you guys have a fun. I bet Devyn had a BLAST! Ashlee is almost done with the book. She should finish it today. Let us know when you want to do the book club. Sorry that it took me so long to get back.

Jerbabe said...

Looks like they got to do it all!! It's great fun to enjoy the out doors doing cool things!

Brookie said...

Where is this camp? It looks like fun!

shellyray said...

I am so glad you guys had fun! That's awesome Devyn was able to go.

Sarah said...

That does look like a lot of fun, I wish I could have done cool stuff like that when I was in Activity Days!

Strong said...

What a great looking camp. Looks like a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

Sorry, I am going to comment again. I am showing Taide pictures of your kids and when I showed her Devyn, she said "Devyn" almost perfect. I am excited for her to be able to see her cousins next week!

The Olsons said...

This camp is up Springville Canyon. It's a boy scout camp but they let the activity day girls come too. They all had so much fun.