So Dan just got back from a work trip to China. He was supposed to be gone for three weeks but we were lucky to have him home a couple days earlier. I love to see the pictures from his trip, and thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites with you. It was pretty much overcast the whole time he was there. It is winter & everything is dead. I'm sure it would be much prettier if it all was in bloom. But he was able to experience a little bit of China. He is adventurous & ate out a lot with the Chinese workers, while the other ate Pizza Hut and other familar looking foods. I'm just glad he never got sick.
Here was an option for dinner, take your pick!
But he settled for this - I would have starved.

Here was an option for dinner, take your pick!
But he settled for this - I would have starved.Although he did enjoy some tasty eel at another restraunt.

This is an old water village that they went to


Here he is with his Dad, he is lucky to work with him and at times travel together, I would love to work and travel with my mom!
A little pet store, along the top you can pick a turtle, any size!
Meat hung outside in many places.

They were able to experience a little bit of Chinese New Year while there. They were able to go to the lantern fesitval, which completes the Chinese New Year.

The year of the Bull 2009
A guy chinese guy that they worked with
A lot of people ask me what Dan does. Well here is a picture of why they went to Shanghai. They designed this Crane Simulator to train the operators how to use the equipment. So they designed it and built it for this place in China, shipped it and then went over to put it together
Now if Dan goes back to China, I'm hoping it is close to this place, because if it is I want to go.
I want to go on a cruise down the Li River! Isn't it beautiful!

This is an old water village that they went to


Here he is with his Dad, he is lucky to work with him and at times travel together, I would love to work and travel with my mom!
A little pet store, along the top you can pick a turtle, any size!
Meat hung outside in many places.
They were able to experience a little bit of Chinese New Year while there. They were able to go to the lantern fesitval, which completes the Chinese New Year.
The year of the Bull 2009
A guy chinese guy that they worked with
A lot of people ask me what Dan does. Well here is a picture of why they went to Shanghai. They designed this Crane Simulator to train the operators how to use the equipment. So they designed it and built it for this place in China, shipped it and then went over to put it together
Now if Dan goes back to China, I'm hoping it is close to this place, because if it is I want to go.I want to go on a cruise down the Li River! Isn't it beautiful!










7 comments:
I loved all the pics from China. Dan has a pretty sweet job- it seems like he's been all over the world. Thanks for sharing the pics:)
Do you ever wish you were the dad instead of the mom? Your a real trooper Sara. I would probably be so jealous I would cry.
Is that a cooked frog and snakes? That is pretty sick. Did he actually eat that?
That river is beautiful! Let me know when we're leaving!
Those are great pictures! China looks beautiful. I would love to go there someday. You are lucky Dan takes pics...I send Kevin with a camera on trips and he hardly ever takes pictures. He just got back from France and didn't take one picture :(
What an exciting job he must have to get to travel so much-and to some great places. I bet is sucks for you though. Shanghai really is pretty-even in the winter. Glad he home with you now.
It looks quite exotic there - I think you should join him next time! I would love to travel like that. Hopefully you get the option soon to go with him!
No, it's not cooked frog and snake, its fresh, and you can choose which one you want to eat before they cook it. Same with fish, choose the live fish and then they cook it for you. He didn't eat those, they were just showing him what they had. He ate some eel at a different restraunt, and he said it was really good.
By the way Allie, I make Dan take pictures, his dad never does and I tell him how mad I would be if he didn't. I sacrifice my camera when he goes and he better use it! I'm glad it does use it!
Post a Comment