Monday, June 30, 2008

Bullion Canyon

You know how its nice to go on vacation but you almost need a vacation from you vacations? Well I'm pooped! I have been gone for almost three weeks straight! And I am tired. My house is a mess and I'm slowly getting all unpacked. I have had fun but I wish I was able to spread out all my trips throughout the summer. I think we are done with our summer trips now.
Here is Bullion Canyon in Marysvale. We camped just outside Miners Park. We had planned and put money down on a nice camping area with bathrooms and lots of shade. It was beautiful and we somehow got double booked and called at the last minute when the other group was already on their way there. So we had to find another spot. Luckily we found someone with property who was nice enough to let us stay on their land. It was pretty, but would have been nicer to have bathrooms closer. But we made do. We camped in an old ghost town, where they mined for GOLD!
Here are some pictures of the Ghost Town

Ethan by the Choo Choo Train Here the kids are roasting marshmallowsHere is Ethans marshmallow roasting stick. I think he roasted like 5 marshmallow on it, (or put the marshmallow on the stick and then in his mouth.)
Some cute cousins.
What kind of caterpillar is this? We found many caterpillars!
Bullion Falls!

We took a hike to the Bullion Falls. It was nice because we hiked right from our camp. It was a pretty waterfall, with a lot of water coming down. From the bottom of the falls it felt really nice and cool. Although too scary to haul all the kids down to the bottom. The trail wasn't very safe.

Uncle Jason found a spring and was cooling everyone

off by throwing water on them.

These cabins were so interesting. There was still stuff in some of them. It was neat to see the shelfs built in them and bookcases and wierd to think that a family once lived in this little cabin.
One of the many cabins around the canyon.
Tyree and Mark in the Rhino
We weren't sure where Devyn went off to. But she went and found a thinking spot just behind our tent. I snuck up on her and she didn't want me to know where her special place was at.
Ethan showimg me a caterpillar.
(he is wearing a bandaid because his cousin gave him a good one)
A lot of the caterpillars that the kids were entertained by

A family picture when we went on our 4-wheeler ride.

Zach, proud of his paint gun welts.
What a tuff guy!

6 comments:

Julie said...

That looks like fun too! I bet you are tired ... it looks fun but exhausting. Wasn't the ghost town a little scary to stay in? Looks beautiful ...

Christine said...

It looks like you have already had a very fun-filled summer. I'm jealous. Our summer so far has consisted of getting ready to move and then moving. But we are in a new home and we love it.

You are so good about updating your blog. It's fun to read about your adventures.

Strong said...

It was a great campout. Thanks Sara and Dan for all of your hard work in planning the campout. It turned out to be alot of fun. I really had a great time.

Anonymous said...

The falls look pretty.
maybe I should have gone. It couldn't have been any worse than the ride we took after everyone left. I loved it though. It was beautiful and the mines and relics were cool--and I felt so alive! Looks like you guys had a good ride too. I ditto what Alice said. It couldn't have been a better match for me. I found some cool rocks on top. Some were clear and amber color. Also-being with all my favorite people was great too! I love you guys! Thanks for all your hard work!

kristyryan said...

Sara you guys go on some fun vacations! You play like me and Ryan like to. anyways it is good to know that someone looks as my blog, thanks for the comments! you have such a cute blog and sounds like you family is having a lot of fun this summer.

Brookie said...

Looks like you had an awesome campout after all! Good job! I am so sad that I missed out on all of the fun!