Saturday, August 21, 2010

Geode Beds

Right before school started my brother had a fun idea of taking the kids out to the Geode Beds.  Dan wasn't able to go but I piled the kids in the car and out to the desert we went.  We followed each other out and had a fun ride.
-
Here we stopped to look around at a Pony Express stop out by Simpson Springs
We enjoyed lots of dirt road (even cracked my windshield)
When we saw this sign . . . . finally
I got Caleb in the stroller so I could try and find me some good rocks
He was thrilled
The kids had their buckets full in a matter of minutes
I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for, but when I found one that looked like something I thought I was looking for I grabbed the hammer to give it a wack . . . . and it WAS a Geode
It was shimmery in the sun, but you can't tell in this photo
Everyone thought I was dumb for wacking at one that was not broken
Even Caleb couldn't believe it
Jacob & Penina
Britney made herself some shade and took a little break
Edris and her kiddos
Kallysta & Devyn
Jason worked hard looking for some good ones . . . . diggin the hills away
The shade that I could provide for Jacob
It was a fun day out in the desert . . . a quick last minute trip that was rather enjoyed
I can't wait to saw open my other Geodes I found to see what is inside

3 comments:

Jason and Britney said...

Thanks for that pic Sara.

Julie said...

Is that why Mark came to work totally sunburned?

You guys have so much fun. Sadly, our goal is to do things without all the kids. We're brats like that! :)

Beautiful, beautiful!

Strong said...

Looks like a fun trip. I wish I would have known about it. I love hitting things with a hammer.