Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm Growin Shrooms!

You know, I may be one of the very few people who have actually enjoyed the rain. I love it! Maybe I should move to Washington? I love that it waters my grass, flowers, garden. And we relax inside and then when the rain stops it's really not that cold outside. A little chilly but it's just nice. I'm quite sure with all the rain that we have had that most of us are seeing these in our grass, right? But I'm finding different looking mushrooms in my flowers like these.

But what in the heck are these? Does anyone know? Are they mushrooms or is it just some kind of fungus? They are really wierd. But hey it gives me the "nature" look I'm going for with my flowers.
One thing I'm really enjoying right now are all my strawberries, I love them! And this year they have really taken off. Just picked these ones today!
And Yeah! Our bamboo is finally taking off! It has struggled since we planted it. I'm hoping that it gets strong to do well through the winter. We have been looking for this bamboo for years and found it a couple years ago, (was too expensive) and hasn't done as well as I hoped it would. It is an evergreen bamboo that just gets bigger every year like your trees.

11 comments:

shellyray said...

I personally am ready for the sun. If I was smart I would enjoy the cool weather more but I just want the sunshine. It makes me happy. Nice mushrooms by the way. I have some nice pics of you taking those pics. Haha.

The Olsons said...

Yeah, only you and Shawn thinks that is funny. Go ahead and take some bad pictures of me at a BBQ that is fine but I feel violated in my own backyard.

The Bensons said...

How come no one is taking pictures of me?

The Bensons said...

One more thought... you should grow mushrooms under cow pies.... I hear they "taste good".

Julie said...

Yeah those are weird looking mushrooms. Try them out & let us know what happens :) ... those strawberries look so yummy!!

JLR said...

Wow! Nice strawberries! I need to plant some of those. I have been waiting for them to go on sale to make some jelly. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. Swimming... bunnies. berries.... rain. Tell Devyn I think her bunny is awesome. I showed Ash the pics!

Shawn said...

ahh stop whining about the pictures or I'll just have to throw that thing on facebook! I run around the back yard naked on Friday nights, your welcome to attempt to snap a picture of me then to get back at me, just watch for the full moon.

Kristin said...

Sarah, you have a real talent for photography! Love the pics, especially the strawberries and the rabbit pics, too. What camera do you use?

The Olsons said...

Kristin,
I have the Cannon Digital Rebel. I LOVE it! It makes picture taking fun. I also got a big lense I can use with it. I don't think picture taking would be as fun without that lense either. I got it just over 4 years ago. They have a lot nicer ones out now. But I'm still so happy with it.

Shawn said...

plus....it makes picture taking in your pajamas outside fun too!

The Breese Family said...

I love home grown strawberries