I love this time of year! The weather is so nice it's just wonderful! I'm sure you will see an increase of posts on my blog because I love taking pictures outside. Today Grandpa Myron held a Pick up Sticks Party for the kids. Isn't he a cute Grandpa!
We went over to his house and picked up all the sticks/branches because he had just pruned all his trees. The kids had fun making piles. We got the tractor going and piled it full of sticks and then rode on the bed of the tractor once we unloaded them. The kids thought it was so much fun!



We went over to his house and picked up all the sticks/branches because he had just pruned all his trees. The kids had fun making piles. We got the tractor going and piled it full of sticks and then rode on the bed of the tractor once we unloaded them. The kids thought it was so much fun! 


I told Devyn to look over at me and she said "I can't it's too bright" I just think this picture is SO funny! She couldn't open her eyes.
The kids had a blast playing on the tractor
Devyn, wishing she was old enough to drive it.


Ethan was filthly! But he had a blast.
The kids had a blast playing on the tractor
Devyn, wishing she was old enough to drive it.

Ethan was filthly! But he had a blast.
Grandpa's just waiting for a burn day to burn the HUGE piles that he has. But for now, we made a little pile to burn and we roasted some hot dogs for dinner. The kids had fun, and hopefully we have created some wonderful memories for them to talk about in the future.











6 comments:
It's good to see that Grandpa stayed for the supervision of the fire this year. Let's take a trip in the Way Back Machine and set the dial for 1985....
Scene: Grandpa Olsons
Cast: Daniel, Brandt, Joe, Steven, Eric, Gabe
Grandpa: "I'm going to go get us some hot dogs at the store... I'll be right back"
...fires blazing...biggest burn pile ever....
Eric and Joe: "Hey lets pull sticks out of the fire and wave them around"
Rest of Grandkids: "Spectacular idea"
....fire spreads from burn pile... moving toward garden and down the street.
Daniel: "Quick, stomp on the flames"
...not working...melting shoes...
Brandt: "Quick lets get some water"
...mad scramble of kids trying to find anything to carry water...not prevailing...fire spreading...still no sign of Grandpa...seems Utah County is sold out of hot dogs, must be in Nephi.
Daniel: "Brandt, call 911"
Brandt: "Great idea!"
...Dials 911...
911 Operator: "911..."
Brandt: "Quick, there is a fire at my Grandpa's House. Come quick"
...Brandt hangs up phone...
...5 minutes later... Small fire truck shows up...a few minutes later Grandpa shows up with hot dogs....
Close scene....
Great memories for you & your kids! Such good pictures! Looks like fun, too bad the weather turned yucky again so soon.
Your kids have such a fun grandpa! He seems so sweet. I bet the kids just have a ball with him.
hey next time give us a call the kids would love to get together and do things like this but we never hear about it. Looks like you guys had a great time
hey next time give us a call the kids would love to get together and do things like this but we never hear about it. Looks like you guys had a great time
Sara, you take the best pictures! The one of Devyn with her eyes closed is so cute! And I LOVE the family photo at the top of your blog! I haven't been reading blogs forever, so it's been fun to read through and see what you've been up to. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment