Dan finally made it home from his work trip to Sri Lanka.
We are so glad to have him back! It helped to have nice neighbors who helped me out without me even asking. Especially with my car problems (no brakes) And my wonderful family who helped me out a lot with the kids. I may have about lost it those last few days but I hope I can be normal again. Dan came home and slept from about 3:30 that afternoon until almost 8:00 the next morning. Talk about one tired guy. He really enjoyed expiriencing the culture there, learning a little bit of the language (most people can also speak English) and he actually enjoyed the food (lots of curry) Here are a few pictures of his trip. They were able to travel around a little bit and see some neat stuff. Dan said it was the most humid place he had ever been. Very hot! But it was a beautiful place. I wish he had taken a nice camera instead of this one we are about to throw away. But I hope you enjoy a little of his trip pictures.
Buddist Temple on Lake Beira, Colombo
Bridge to an island on Beira Lake
Buddhist Temple
Flowers are arranged on an alter in front of a statue of Buddha
A Snake Charmer on the Beach




This little monkey was scared of the cobra. He kept hiding from it.
I think this picture is so cute of the monkey's feet on his guardian's feet
The monkey did tricks.
A tuk tuk going down the street. They were all over.
An Elephant Orphange
Feeding the elephants bananas.

Streets of Colombo
Hindu Temple in Colombo
Gate to the Hindu Temple
Statue on the corner of a Hindu Temple
More Hindu Statues
Brahma Bull at the Hindu Temple
Construction Workers in Colombo
View from the hotel
Crossing railroad tracks to get to the beach. 
Beach in Colombo City
Dan swimming in the Indian Ocean
Man plows the rice paddies with Water Buffalo
Men selling fresh fish, splashing water on them to keep them alive.
Simulator Building where all the work was done.(Notice how huge the Banyan tree is)
Dans friend Sangeeva










6 comments:
What some great pictures. My favorite was of the monkey's. When Devyn was over here last week she was talking about her dad. I think she missed him after one or two days. She was telling us how fun her dad is. I'd bet she was so happy to see him back.
Fun, Fun, Fun! I think I want to go! :) I loved that monkey!
Wow, what an awesome experience to see a new culture. I was a little nervous about him being there, but i'm glad they had a little time to experience it and get some nice pictures. Glad he's home!
What a neat experience! Those were some good pictures. If you are really throwing out the camera I will take it :) ha ha ... I thought they turned out good.
Look like a lot of fun! I'm glad he is home safe.
What amazing experiences Dan gets to have! The pictures were beautiful...look like they are out of a magazine. I bet you are glad to have him home though....
Post a Comment