Last weekend we went camping with some friends out by Goblin Valley. It was a fun trip to get out and relax in some great weather! The kids had fun running around. Here are a few pictures of our little camp.
Here we are finally arriving to our distination.
Here we are finally arriving to our distination.
Ryan caught a scorpian, and yes it is alive. I believe Dallin found this scary thing. The part that I couldn't believe is that he actually let the thing go! I'm all about smashing creatures like this one.
The boys had a lot of fun catching lizards. Here is the first one they caught. (Notice the lizard is belly up) I think Dallin found this one too, threw a rock on it and then was able to catch it. They think the poor tortured lizard is sleeping.
Then yes, they realized the lizard was dead! So they found more lizards, but whenever they found a lizard they called my name to come and catch it. So I caught four more lizards, yes I am the lizard hunter. Then they put them in this bug cage and fed them ants. They were taking care of them.
So whenever we go camping Dan likes to chop all the wood. It's something he really enjoys.
But the axe didn't last long. Can you see how the metal is all bent up? It didn't chop well after that.
Ryan and Emily, our camping friends.
I think we camped in a ghost town. Somewhere that I would usually be too scared to camp. But I felt okay about it. Hopefully we didn't come in contact with too many chemicals. It was an old mining place. Here is our ghost camping neighbors house. Luckily they kept to themselves.
Here is part of our campground. Ryan and Emily's tent snaped. But we fixed it for the second night.
Here is Ryan changing his clothes, sorry Ryan I couldn't resist. It was pretty entertaining.










3 comments:
Awesome pictures. We will deffinatly have to go there this year. I like the idea of going south to camp...I like to think there are less bears down there.
Looks like you guys had fun. I've never been to goblin valley but I had a friend who always talked about going there growing up. Shawn and I will have to try it out sometime.
Looks like alot of fun! I don't know if I could camp with ghostly neighbors! :)
Post a Comment