Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

Well, this year we decided on cutting down our own Christmas tree. (Yes, we killed a tree) But I have to say it was a lot of fun. It was fun walking around in the snow looking for the right tree. There were many to choose from and I love the one we decided on . My mom and dad came with us and they got them one too. I would actually love to make this a family tradition.
~
Here are the boys looking for the right tree
Devyn, while she was still happy and warm
Jacob, loving every minute of it!
Ethan, running and climbing on everything.
The tree we want to bring home
The boys helping dad to saw it down
Mom and Dads Charlie Brown tree
(It is the cutest tree)
The tree all decorated at home


Chopping down the tree

( Turn down the volume so you don't hear my timber)

7 comments:

KayeLynne said...

The tree looks beautiful! You never should have told me to turn down the volume, because of course I turned it all the way up. ;)

Julie said...

Why we used to do that when our kids were really little, I don't know. It would be much easier now. Mmmmm! the wonderful smell of a REAL Christmas tree!

Unknown said...

I love your tree! HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!! I still have pumpkin cookies for you. I brought them over yesterday but you were gone. They are still fresh...Allie was really mad at me that I wasn't making my "normal" cookies. She cried for about 15 minutes.

Wendy Peay said...

What great pics and what a fun day! I absolutely LOVE the picture of your mom and dad!!

stacie said...

I've always wanted to a kill a tree too. Jeremy and his family did this year. He and Jadin had a blast cutting down the tree. Good news my winter playlist is up and running :)))

Jerbabe said...

I love your tree! I love mine too but I'm pretty sure yours is prettier.That was a great experience! LOVED IT!

shellyray said...

That is a really beautiful tree!