Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Only Three years old?


Ethan: Mom how does your head move?

Me: You just move it like this (me showing)

Ethan: But how does it do that?

Me: You say you want to move it and then you do.

Ethan: But how do your legs move?

Me: Well if you want to move them you move them.

Ethan: Oh, but I don't know how my arms move?

Me: Well in our head we have a brain and we tell our brain that we want to move our arms and so our brain helps our arms move.

Ethan: Oh! Both of them?

Why does my three year old ask me questions like this? Can his little brain really think that deep about how his little body works? Amazing. I think most of us don't think twice about it until our body doesn't work like it should. I wonder what he will be when he grows up

6 comments:

Julie said...

So cute! He sounds very smart. Hope you are feeling okay!

Becky Foster said...

ha ha. That's so cute! You've got yourself a smart one.

Melissa Ash said...

This sounds just like Matthew. Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy with the questions. And, he is too young to understand the answers, but we try to tell him the truth anyway!! Good luck with your little inquisitive mind!!

Wendy Peay said...

Yep, kids are brilliant. I am pretty sure mine are both way smarter than me already! Just hope he doesn't ask how that baby got in your belly! LOL that is not a conversation I would want to have with my three year old!!

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

3 guesses at his future career:

1. Occupational Therapist
2. Physical Therapist
3. Engineer

The Hamblin's said...

He's a cutie!! I'm guessing a doctor :) We hope you guys have such a great Christmas!! Love ya!