Monday, October 26, 2009

Olson Halloween Party

Sunday night we had a little fun Halloween Party with the Olson Family. I'm just glad that I finally have the costumes together. As you can see the boys really weren't much work but Devyn wanted to be Venus - The Goddess of Love? Ya, she is a creative little girl I don't know where she comes up with it. They have been learning about all the Greek and Roman Gods at school and she really sucks it all in. Just ask her about them she will tell you everything you want to know and more. I was trying to put a costume together for her that actually had on clothes!
Here's the family picture
Dan- Potato Peeler in the National Guard
Me- Oven
Jacob- He wanted to be something scary & this is what he chose
Devyn- Venus/Aphrodite
Ethan- Spiderman (he hates wearing the mask)
All the kids in their costumes
(missing Taide in Idaho)
Grandma Georgia with the kids
(notice Ethan in the background)
Son - Father and Daugther - Mother
Fireman - Richard Nixon - Mummy - Good Witch of the North
Ethan loving Grandpa Myron
Trick or Treating around the house
(They made spiders to put their stuff in)

17 comments:

The Bensons said...

Devyn has got that Aphrodite pose down!

Emily said...

Um, just checkin' by the costume....does that mean you have a bun in the oven???????

Sarah said...

Sara, you are so clever- a bun in the oven!

Taide's guess is a boy (it's her favorite word and her guess for every baby) and my guess is a girl!

Cute costumes kids! Wish we had been able to come!

The Olsons said...

Emily, you are good. That was my way of announcing to the family. Just thought I would casually post it on here too. But I've got a long way to go. The time on the oven was 5:24 so I've got until May. I'm only 10 weeks along.

Sarah, I hope your guess is right.

Jason and Britney said...

How creative! I think Devyn gets it from you!

I am so excited to get a little bite of that bun, I love to nibble on little ears! Will you let me, maybe after swine flu season is over?

Christine said...

Congrats Sara! I hope you've been feeling well. I just finished the morning sickness and it is no fun. I'm due April 3. That's exciting news. Your family is so cute.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Adorable pics! I also loved your costume!!!!!!!!!!!! Exciting! Congrats! I also was loving how you guys go trick or treating around the house! I was laughing out loud because it is such a great idea!! How are you feeling?!

shellyray said...

Clara came home saying you were having a baby! I'm so glad it's true. Congratulations!!!!

Strong said...

Looks like a great party!

stacie said...

WOW!!! HOoray! Awesome costume. I hope you have another girl:))

beth stuart said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you and hope everything goes smoothly. It's such a blessing and sacrifice all rolled in one but soooooo worth it!

Emily said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!!!!!! I know you've been patiently waiting!!! Congrats. :) See, I'm smarter than I look!!!

averett's said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats!

KayeLynne said...

What a cute family picture. Devyn's costume turned out great! Congrats on the new addition.

Krissie said...

Congrats Sara! I know how much you wanted another little one! Very tricky how you announced it :) That was my first thought when I saw the "bun" I'm glad my guess was right!

Julie said...

Wow - I must be slow. I didn't even get that until I read the comments. I am so happy for you guys!! All your costumes look great! Devyn is very creative!

Dixons said...

Yea! I had the same thought. Super creative, my friend! We need to get together soon....we're really not that far!