On Sunday my family got together and made our annual gingerbread houses. The kids always have blast making them. We made them a little earlier this year. I'm thinking about possibly putting up the tree before Thanksgiving this year. This would be a first, but why not?















11 comments:
That's a great tradition! How come you want your tree up so early?
That looks like fun but I am not quite ready to start Christmas yet:)
I just like to get the tree up, get everything wrapped and under it. That way I can actually enjoy Christmas instead of stressing. I usually get most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving, when it's too crazy to go anywhere! Most everything else I have to get I'm just ordering online. Yay! (It will be a small Christmas this year)
What a fun tradition! Rob's family has a tradition of having a cookie party around Christmas. We all get to decorate holiday sugar cookies. It's so much fun. The kids especially love it.
Great houses kids. We had a great time.
What fun! Hey, do you have the recipe for the icing? We usually just buy a kit, but it'd be fun to do individual houses instead. I'm with you too-I want to decorate already, I'm ready for Christmas the day after Halloween and I usually have my Christmas music playing starting in early October. Brett just rolls his eyes at me but I think he likes it too!
So fun! We do this too, but we usually wait until after Thanksgiving. BTW I'm so jealous you guys are going to have a basement soon. It will be sooo nice to have double the space!
So fun! We do this too, but we usually wait until after Thanksgiving. BTW I'm so jealous you guys are going to have a basement soon. It will be sooo nice to have double the space!
Yummy!! The kids did a really great job.
Sara:) Is it your b-day today? Happy B-day! Your kids are all so big and cute. I can't believe how time flies. Hope you are doing well. Can I add your blog as a link on mine? I thought of orange rolls yesterday and I thought of you!
after doing this with my primary class I have decided our kids really are pretty talented at this--or they have done it so many times they know all the tricks.
Post a Comment