Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hawaii!

Dan and I just got back from a trip we took to Hawaii. We were really lucky to use Dans miles he had earned to pay for our tickets but I guess I had to live without him A LOT last year. So it helped a little bit to make up for it. We had so much fun together. We stayed on Oahu the whole time. It seemed to me that everyone would say how Maui or Kauai are so much better. I have only been to Oahu but those people not impressed with Oahu need to spend more time on the North Shore. It is absolutely beautiful. I would love to go back and relax more but who knows if we will ever make it back there.
Here is some photos of our trip.

Our first look at OahuI think this picture is really cool, especially because
you can see Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head.
BEAUTIFUL BEACHES
Some of these pictures are darker
because the sun had just set.

Some of the turtles we saw!
They were so big it was really cool!


An endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal

Chinamans Hat

Pounders Beach

(notice the people trying to catch a wave) Laie Point

Just one of the beautiful mountains.

We went and bought us a cheap boogie board so we

could play in the waves. We weren't very good at it.

Laie, Hawaii LDS Temple

This temple is beautiful. We were able to attend a session

there and walk around the grounds & visitors center.
Temple at Night

Valley of the Temples
We went to see the buddha temple there.
It was in a beautiful area.

DOLE PLANTATION
Dan getting his first look at the pinapple plant.

There were these cool trees at the plantation.

I have no idea what kind of tree they are but
the bark on the trees are very colorful

At the Polynesian Cultural Center

visiting the villages

Enjoying the Luau Dinner
Te'o made this headband for me

In Kahuku there are many shrimp beds with many
vans selling fresh shrimp. Dan gave Giovannis a try.


On the weekends in Waikiki there are many there

trying to make a few extra bucks. I snapped a few photos

of those people trying to earn some money.

I love the magicians on the streat.

But I didn't get any photos of them.

They also had artists, balloon making men, Tattoos & many more.


Enjoying a Korean restraunt in Waikiki
Cooking dinner at our table. Very Yummy!

USS Arizona Memorial
Pearl Harbor

Inside the memorial

Nuuanu Pali Lookout
A very windy place & beautiful view of the island
Punchbowl Memorial

Notice all the markings of headstones in the grass.
This place was very big and beautiful. Very peaceful.

A headstone up close
I found it interesting that they had pruned several
of the trees there in the shape of a circle.
King Kamehameha Statue

Iolani Palace

TURTLE BAY

The beautiful resort we stayed at on the North Shore.

Our room


One last sunset before we get on the plane.
We watched this sunset from our bedroom deck at our hotel.

Saying goodbye to the Tuisaula family!

THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Brookie said...

Looks like fun and beautiful! That is a gorgeous picture of the sea turtle...and your hotel is beautiful too!

Melissa Ash said...

Oh Sara, these are SO beautiful!! It reminds me of my trip to Hawaii! I, too, loved Oahu. I think it is such a beautiful island! I loved all the pics. Is the Tuisaula family Edris' family? How fun! Also, thanks for the tip about the quilt! I will be taking mine to the laundry mat soon! Thanks a ton! Oh, by the way, you are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You guys have some of the funnest pictures! THey could be turned into post cards!

The Olsons said...

Yes, the Tuisaula family is Edris' brothers family. They are awesome people, but make us look extremely white in this picture! :)

JLR said...

Darron and I have never been, but we want to plan a trip this year. I'm nervous to leave my kids, but I think I will have to get over it and go.
-Jamie