Sunday, June 24, 2007

Great Basin National Park

Jacob and Penina caught bugs the whole time! They both were so brave and picked up bugs I that I wouldn't. They had that cage filled up several times.

Then they would feed the bugs dandelions

Lehman caves entrance - The kids had to make scary faces since the were about to enter the scary cave.

This was actually one of the coolest caves I have ever been inside.

Its hard to tell how cool it was with the pictures.

Sitting around the campfire listening to Dan tell stories.

Starting our hike to the Bristlecone Pines!


We thought this looked like the 'Lost Boys' tree house.




We FINALLY made it! After hiking for 1 1/2 hours the kids were tired and hungry!


This is a picture of one of the pinecones from the tree. Can you tell why it gets it name the BRISTLECONE PINE?

The Bristlecone Pines in this grove are 2000-3000 years old and some even older than that and are still alive. They are really intersting, a pretty cool place.


Back from our hike - WE MADE IT!

No comments: